Wednesday, September 17, 2008

March 7, 2009


Subtitle: The Promised Post



Well folks, you heard it here first. Well, maybe not. Maybe you heard it from my parents first, or maybe you're a Facebook stalker like me and read it on the inter-web first. But here and now I will confirm the news that I am engaged to Adam!

It happened last Saturday in Central Park at Bethesda Terrace, which is my favorite part of the park. It was a very thoughtful and meaningful proposal that I tearfully (and LOUDLY) accepted.

The past few days have been very surreal and exciting as we chose a date of March 7th, 2009 in Greenville, Ohio. I can't believe that I'm actually the bride and everyone has to listen to me. [Insert evil chuckle]

I feel like I should write more, but I can't think of anything else. I'm soooo happy and very in love. If you haven't met him yet, you're missing out! He's about a hundred different kinds of wonderful. See you in March....

9 comments:

Regi said...

Congratulations girl!! So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

ah, it's wonderful to be in love!

believe it or not, todd actually heard about your engagement first! of course, ever since that day i've been looking for this post to appear :)

i share your joy and excitement, lauren, and i can't wait to meet the man who made you want to say "yes!"

cats, horses and babies said...

Congrats, that is soooooo awesome. I can't wait to tell my Hubby.

cats, horses and babies said...

also awesome ring.

Jodi Bradshaw said...

YEAH!!!!!!! I am so excited for you both!!!! I had a feeling that was going to be coming soon :). I love the ring! Now on with the wedding plans.

Charity said...

Congrats, Lauren!!! I was hoping you'd have a post up about your engagement. :) Your mom told me how he proposed - and it about made me cry. He sounds like a very godly, and creative, guy. I'm so happy for you both.

lyndie said...

um, we've been waiting for this post. i stalk- your blog.
we heard it first from the 'rents. :)
CONGRATULATIONS. we are really happy for you. we haven't had the privelege of spending much time with adam, but the few minutes we have interacted were positive. he seemed kind and sincere. and, y'all look cute together ;P .
is that ring gonna make you sink? i'm guessing that's a yes, otherwise you wouldn't be wearing it. ;)

~~anna~~ said...

Congratulations! We heard it 1st from Mike & Linda; then this week I got an email from your mom.

Wonder if I'll ever get to meet this special guy....

Have fun planning the wedding!

lyndie said...

Hey, it's officially been ONE WEEK since that big day. How are you enjoying wife-dom? How was/is the honeymoon?